Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pass The Salt..........Please?

Well, I like my crow well done.


The race for Ulster County Comptroller has been called and the good Dr. was off base. In a
come from behind win Eliot Auerbach beat Quigley the 3rd. Auerbach, was less then 100 votes
in the lead as of last week was able to find enough Democratic Votes in the Town of Shawangunk.
In searching my aging memory bank, I do not remember a county race going down to the wire,
and into December to be decided. As a loyal Democrat, I am glad that Auerbach was able to pull out a win. In looking at the returns, it would appear that the race was won with the heavy
votes total's in Woodstock and New Paltz that went Auerbach's way. This was a hard fought
race like I have not seen in a long, long time. Auerbach kept his cool, drive, and his sense of humor in a long, expensive race. It looks like the Ulster County Republican Committee has a
awful lot of soul searching to do. The Democrats look to be in real good shape going into the
'09 season. Stay tuned, The County Clerks Race may not be a yawn after all.

1 comment:

Mike Madsen said...

I sat through the last day of counting absentee ballots Monday. You are right about Elliott keeping his cool. Actually everyuone there on both teams were cordial to each other.

I heard the rumour that Quigley wanted to run for another office in 2009, but im sure that was just chatter.

Yes, this will be a good year for progressive thinking people throughout Ulster County. Can I say, Im not opposed to endorsing Nina for UC Clerk. Ill think on that.